The evolution of dance music in Southern Africa is nothing short of a phenomenon says conceptualizer Ricardo da Costa and further adds that the popularity of dance music defies race, age and socio-economic dividers so why not celebrate it? DMASA will create a platform artists and stakeholders of the dance music industry to be honored by the FANS!
Furthermore, the DMASA also hopes to stimulate dialogue and create a forum for songwriters, performers and dance music musicians. Through this exchange, the DMASA hopes to draw attention to the artists/DJs and ideas at work in the dance music industry and promote greater participation and recognition for South African dance music abroad.
The DMASA present an opportunity for music enthusiasts from around South Africa to celebrate their favourite DJs and/or artists by nominating or voting for them as a potential category winner.
THE DANCE MUSIC AWARDS SOUTH AFRICAN CATERGORIES (Across all Dance music genres)
• Best Male DJ
• Best Female DJ
• Best Producer
• Best Live Act
• Best Festival
• Best Music Video (From Dance Artist)
• Best Male Vocalist of the Year
• Best Female Vocalist of the Year
• Best Record Label
• Compilation of The Year
• Album of The Year
• Remix of The Year
• Best International DJ (who has recently toured or performed in SA)
• Best International Producer (who has had recent success in the SA market)
• Best Club of The Year (includes Clubs, Lounges, Bars, etc)
• Best House Record of the Year
• Best Kwaito Record of the Year
• Best EDM Record of the Year
• Best Underground Record of the Year (All non-commercial dance & underground sounds by SA Dance Music Artist)
• Best Dance Radio Show Award